Many students also asked Dr. Spann about some of his influences so he provided a book list that he says changed both his life and his teaching. Here is his list.
1. King James Bible, especially The Revelation.
2. Classic Christianity, Bob George.
3. Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey
4. What Wives Wish Their Husbands Knew About Women, Dobson
5. Love Must Be Tough, James Dobson.
6. Tale of Three Kings, Gene Edwards
7. Man's Search for Meaning, Viktor Frankl
8. First Things First, Merrill & Covey
9. Margin, Richard Swenson, M.D.
10. Why You Act the Way You Do, Tim LaHaye
11. Reality Therapy, William Glasser, M.D.
12. The Long War Against God, Henry Morris, Ph.D.
13. 10 Books that Screwed Up the World, Wiker
14. The Brain that Changes Itself, Norman Doidge, Ph.D.
15. Good to Great, Jim Collins
16. His Needs, Her Needs, William F. Harley
17. Healing the Soul in the Age of the Brain, Frattaroli
18. Choosing to Cheat, Andy Stanley
19. Over the Top, Zig Ziglar
20. How to Handle Adversity, Charles Stanley
21. Upside of Stress, Kelly McGonigal